Thursday 5 April 2012

Book Chick City's 10+ Books in a Year (so far)

As I started this challenge late, I thought I had better list the books that I have managed to read so far, maybe with a few thoughts (if I can think of any!) as I'm not good at writing proper 'reviews' ;)

By Terry Pratchett:
The Colour of Magic
The Light Fantastic
Equal Rites
Mort
Sourcery
Wyrd Sisters
Pyramids
Guards! Guards!
Eric
Moving Pictures
Reaper Man
Witches Abroad
The Dark Side of the Sun
I was looking for something different to read and my mum suggested these (she's got ALL of them!) Once I'd started I had to keep going! Unfortunately a friend of mums has the next book in the series, so I had to take a break!

by Veronica Henry:
Wild Oats
An Eligible Bachelor
Honeycote
Again some books of mums (she's in one of those book clubs where you get sent a load at a time) These are really easy reads - 'chick books' as I call them! I loved them!!

by Tom Harper:
The Book of Secrets
The Mosaic of Shadows
I found this author when browsing at the library and I really enjoyed the historical mysteries!

by Chris Kuzneski:
Sign of the Cross
The Lost Throne
The Prophecy
Sword of God
Another author I found when browsing in the library and I love him! He writes amazing mysteries again with the historical links that I love! His 2 main characters Jonathon Payne and David Jones are just brilliant!

The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins I've has this for ages, but only just got round to reading it - I did find the narratives from the different characters quite a different style to what I'm used to. Not bad though!
The Pilgrims Progress by Bunyan I've started a 'classical reads' challenge (my own). I found this really hard going, but worth it in the end! A real journey that re-ignited my faith, that I lost a while back
Not Married, Not Bothered by Carol Clewlow another 'chick read', not bad though
The Model Wife by Julia Llewellyn A 'chick read' that I really enjoyed!
Warning of Gales by Annie Sanders I had to have 2 separate goes at reading this book, as I couldn't get into it! Not bad, but not my favourite
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen I love Jane Austen and have read and re-read all of her works! They now live in my bedside locker and are my favourite reads when I'm feeling a little low, or have just finished a book and don't have a new one! Northanger Abbey is a brilliant read, one of my all time favourite Austen books.
The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse I have read the Labrynth and Sepulcre and loved them both, so thought that I would try another. It was a really good read, but Labrynth remains my favourite!

As you can see, I like a huge range of genres - however my all time favourites must be those about 'the Knights Templars' and similar mysteries with historical links, classics and 'chick reads'. However, I'm on a personal quest to try new things, so who knows what might end up next on my list?

So that's 29 books so far (well,  the ones I can remember anyway!) which I don't think is that bad, as we're a quarter of the way through the year - if I carry on like this, I should make it to the 100 goal!

Happy reading to all you fellow 'book-worms!'



image taken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx