Sunday 2 March 2014

Movie night!

Another Day Zero challenge complete!
As my ex-husband now has the kids one night a week (alternating between Fridays and Saturdays) I was trying to think of something in-expensive and fun that I could do with Little Man on the Friday nights that I have them. As he loves watching films as much as me, Movie Night seemed a perfect idea! Thankfully, Little Miss, has now almost settled into a good bedtime routine, so is usually asleep by the time movie night needs to start. Though if she decides otherwise, she just joins in the fun too!
We have loads of child-friendly DvDs as I am a complete kid at heart! I have been buying Disney and Pixar films for ever, and now that I have my own kids, it just gives me more incentive to add to the collection :-D
Luckily, Little Man loves Disney and Pixar films too - at the moment, his favourites are Cars, Planes, the Toy Story series, Madagascar and Rio. My favourite is Tinkerbell and the Secret of the Wings!
To make it a little more of a special occasion, I get Little Man bathed and into his jammies early, I quickly change into mine (I'm a morning shower kind of girl) and then we both snuggle under a blanket with a huge bowl of popcorn (which we also shared with Grannie and Grandad!)
So far we have had Planes and Rio on our Movie Nights. Can't wait for next Movie Night! Maybe I'll be able to persuade Little Man that Tinkerbell would be a great choice ;-)
My 'selfie' of our Movie Night - I'm still not great at them ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx