Monday 14 April 2014

Blog Your Heart Out meme

The lovely Jennifer over at Jennifer's Little World has shared a little meme, Blog Your Heart Out, a way to share information about yourself and your bog, so I thought I would join in the fun!

Who/What encouraged you to start blogging?
I don't have the best of memories, but I think I got into blogging from reading lots of blogs on Netmums Parent Bloggers Network. I have been a member of Netmums for ages and this was something that caught my eye one day. I had been looking for a way to help my depression, which was really bad at the time, someone had suggested writing my thoughts down, or blogging, but I had been to nervous to start, as I thought it would be really difficult! (I'm not the most tech savvy person!) Having read loads posts and getting lots of support I took the leap and gave it a go! I think Kate Takes 5 was the first blog I ever followed.

How did you choose what topics to blog about?
Whatever I feel like at the time. I chose the name of my blog so that it could write about anything and everything in my crazy little world! I also included 'mental' as a reference to my depression, but also to give people an understanding that I'm a total fruit loop and proud to be ;-)
I started writing to get the thoughts that continually whizzed around my head , out and 'on paper' (a tip I learnt from my therapists was to write things down) I have never been good at keeping a 'paper' journal, so blogging seemed a much better idea, a new way to clear my thoughts and keep a record of things that have been going on in my life. I know I'm not that great at it (and can neglect my poor little blog for months!) but I do this for me, not to gain anything like recognition or followers (though if you're reading this, and are one of my few followers - thank you for sticking with me!!!) I also made a conscious decision not to share my blog with any friends or family - not so that I could write horrible things behind their backs, but so I could be totally honest about tough things like my depression, without making them upset.
I now blog mostly about my kids, my day zero project, and a few memes I join in for fun (listography at Kate Takes 5 mainly is my favourite!)

What is something most people don't know about you?
Hmmm... not sure about this one either, as I am quite open and honest about myself, especially on here! Oh, how about, I have really cool eyes that change colour quite dramatically :-) Apparently everyones eyes change colour, but most of the time you don't really notice it. My eyes change from bright blue, to bluey-green, to bluey-grey depending on my mood and what I'm wearing! Most of the time I have bluey-green eyes, when I'm extremely happy I have bright blue eyes and if I'm grumpy they are blue-grey! Thankfully, my eyes are rarely blue-grey! Also they can coordinate with what I'm wearing!! This always made those lessons at school when you do surveys on eye colour a little tricky - I used to have to ask a friend what colour they were at the time, heehee! I do love being different :-)

What three words describe your style?
Ummm... I have no idea! Probably rambling, random and real-life?? (ooh three 'r's - small things, heehee!)

What do you love to do when you're not blogging?
Ooooh sooo many things! I love watching films (mostly Disney with my kids!), going to feed the ducks at the local lakes, spending time with family and friends, reading other blogs, pinning things on Pinterest (to get around to doing, someday!) following inspiration and small businesses on Facebook, knitting (my new hobby) reading on my own and to my kids, making jewellery and cards (though I haven't done this for a while!) trying to help with environmental issues (new passion of mine!) organising the mess of a house we all live in! I could go on and on (see, told you I ramble, heehee!)

I have no idea how to tag people to join in, but if you feel like having a go, consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx